Friday, January 18, 2013

More Organic Produce

I bypassed my go-to stall, DGM Organics, at the Saturday Market this morning, and instead bought my weekend produce from Herbana Farms. The stall is less crowded, cleaner, and more organized. Probably because it is not on the main market path. The food also appears to be better quality. Their website indicates they hold demonstrations for those interested in organic farming, and even have an annual festival. This morning I picked up kamote (sweet potato) for a casserole, lettuce for a salad, and carrots, celery, and thyme for accompaniments to the whole chicken I am roasting up this afternoon for a casual dinner with friends. All the produce was less than $10. Take that Whole Foods. (But I still miss you. And Trader Joe's. And Target, but not for produce, for everything else.) 
That will be 40 cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment