Friday, February 8, 2013

Wish Stone

I write a lot about the Saturday Salcedo Market, but I also try to go to the Sunday Legaspi Market at least once a month. Totally different vibe. More stalls sell recycled or locally-made green products, like my new favorite dish and hand soap (more to come on that later), there are more food options (including awesome pad thai), and a group holds a drum circle (Toto loves to drum). 

We always stop by the Washington Sycip Park afterwards so Toto can run around. There are so many cool features of the park, but today I'll focus on the "Wish Stone." As you can see, there is a large stone that you can write your wishes using a stick and water. While we waited our turn, a young woman wrote that she wished for happiness for her family. Within seconds the sun had dried away her wish. Then a much younger girl started writing "I wish for my dad..." then she got embarrassed/distracted and ran off to play. I was actually really curious what she was going to write. For the first time Toto was excited to write on the stone. And then stick her hand in the filthy water of course.


I wish my mom would let me take this rock home.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

This wish stone is actually pretty awesome! I want one.

Trisha said...

The market place sounds like you can find some great stuff there. My wish would be that I could go to the parks with you and Toto and all my loved ones.

Post a Comment