Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Kid Recipe: Roasted Carrots

For locals, if you don't already know, Healthy Options has expanded their frozen section (turkey burgers, frozen blueberries) and also added locally-sourced, organic produce and meats.  We roasted an entire chicken and it was delicious.  I am not a big meat-eater and I certainly do not like touching raw meat, but I felt good about getting this organic source of protein into Toto's diet - and she loved it.  In the produce section they carry lettuce, peppers, eggplant, tomatoes, herbs, and carrots, and other things I may be forgetting.  I checked out a bunch of recipes online, but settled for this one from one of my favorite recipe blogs.  Pretty simple, just tossed the carrots in olive oil, salt, pepper and rosemary and baked at 400 degrees for 30 minutes.  Toto scarfed them down with some turkey sausage (also from the frozen section), veggie noodles and cheese.
I ate about half of these while Toto was napping.

No comments:

Post a Comment