Saturday, December 8, 2012

Vegetarian Challenges

Being vegetarian, or mostly vegetarian, can be difficult. In Ghana, I was offered a chicken head with the feet coming out the beak, in Rwanda I saw every part of the cow hanging in market stalls, and in the Philippines, a half formed egg is a bar snack. Fortunately, Manila is home to many great restaurants, including an outstanding vegetarian/vegan place called Corner Tree Cafe. And I just heard of another called Pipino. Most restaurants have a vegetable section, but I've noticed they often contain fish, and sometimes even pork or beef! I had to laugh when we passed this sign on the way to Tagaytay - "vegetarian meat" - I really don't even want to know. But I do. Actually, the traffic was so bad, I probably could have gotten out and bought some. Next time.
Giving Boca Burgers a run for their money.

No comments:

Post a Comment